Company: BioVinc, LLC
Open Position: Postdoctoral Researcher, Medicinal Chemistry
Start Date: October 15, 2015
Location: Culver City, CA
Contact: Dr. Shuting Sun (email@example.com)
Job Description: The successful candidate will take on a synthetic chemistry role in the laboratory to synthesize, purify, and scale-up complex fluorescent chemical probes. The Postdoctoral Researcher will also be involved in the design and synthesis of new probes and other drug delivery projects utilizing bisphosphonate related chemistry. Conducting synthetic chemistry on a range of scales, but in particular on mg scale will be required. The candidate should have the ability to safely work on multiple projects simultaneously, and to routinely report on his/her progress. There will also often be the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and to initiate new research directions. The BioVinc laboratory and workplace for this position is located in Culver City, California.
Professional Qualifications: The qualified candidate will have a PhD or MS degree (with significant laboratory experience) in organic chemistry, synthetic organic chemistry, inorganic synthesis, or medicinal chemistry. Analytical and purification skills will also be required.
- Experience in structure determination including NMR, IR spectroscopy
- Experience in purification of organic compounds including the use of HPLC
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to work individually or with a team
Additional Useful Skills:
- Phosphorus chemistry experience in the laboratory.
- Experience with UV-VIS, fluorescent emission.
Benefits: health insurance, flexible work hours, national holidays, 10 days paid vacation days per year.